We draw inspiration from every direction when conceptualizing and executing our art form.  It may be a car we loved growing up or simply one we passed on the way to work.  Maybe it’s the way it looks, how it drives, or what it sounds like – nevertheless certain details rouse our souls and we incorporate these qualities into our own vehicles.  Not always is it a car that serves as our inspiration, however.  Sometimes it’s an era, an image, somewhere or someone.  It’s not just the physical unit that is so influential; but the emotions that are evoked within us.  Whatever it may be, we take this muse and it ultimately determines how we convey who we are.

Photos By: Raul Singson & Ronnie Corado exclusively for StanceNation.com

This is not an Evolution.  It’s a Lancer Ralliart.  The Ralliart version fills a marketing void in the Lancer segment, and I’ve always wondered what took them so long – considering Subaru has offered both the WRX and the WRX STi in various forms for a substantially longer timespan.  They are pretty awesome, contributing one more turbo, all-wheel-drive vehicle to the market while fueling the never-ending Subaru vs. Mitsubishi rally-bred saga.  I’m surprised these cars aren’t seen more often.

The Garden State’s Fernando Roxas Jr. is doing a great job at pulling the Ralliart Lancer out of obscurity with his super fresh white-on-white 2009 model.  He tell us he wanted to keep it clean and simple, true to the ‘OEM +’ aesthetic.  A JDP front lip is affixed to the front while an EVO 9 diffuser is custom fitted to the rear, accentuating the naturally aggressive lines of the Lancer.  Fernando enjoys the pristine look of the all-white color scheme; it’s clean like freshly bleached teeth – really awesome turbocharged teeth.

The already tough job of keeping a white car (and white wheels) clean is exacerbated by the low down stance, provided by a set of D2 RS coilovers.  Eighteen-inch MB Battles sit close to the fenders, fitted well with 225-treadwidth Falkens stretched over them.  Fitting these wheels onto the car actually prompted Fernando to discover a talent within himself — fender rolling.  After a bad experience with a shop, he purchased a roller of his own and finished the job personally.  He has become known for his fender-modification skills and has since performed several rolls for other enthusiasts in the area.

Despite the ‘clean and low street-cruiser’ personality of the car, this Lancer is no slouch.  With simple bolt-ons and a mild tune, it throws down 275whp to all four with 284 lb/ft of twist.  Personally, I haven’t heard much about these Ralliarts but I’m thoroughly impressed by its power-production capabilities from such minimal modifications.  Fernando isn’t done either, with plans for an upgraded turbo and a big-brake setup to keep it all under control.

You may have noticed the pink ribbon dangling from the rear-view mirror.  The small pink addition is the only real tangent from the all-white theme — but it’s not there for color-coordination.  It hangs there as a tribute to Roxas’ mother, who unfortunately passed away in October of 2008 after a 13-year battle with breast cancer.  Her favorite color?  White.  As you can see she was a true inspiration for Fernando, not only for his car but as a figure that has shaped his life and his character — as mothers often do.  In the wake of her passing, Roxas has created this clean and powerful Lancer with a little inspiration from Mom.  I’m sure she would be proud.

1. TerryJ

I really really really love this feature,such great photos along with a good write up & great story.

2. Sebastian

Wow, really nice Ralliart Lancer. I like how the White on White combination turned out! Get a GReddy turbo next time :) . It’s the first time when I see a Ralliart Sedan. May Fernando’s Mom Rest in Peace!

3. Monteilh

Pure definition of clean. Huge ups to the owner and photographer. This Lancer is colddd

4. Reason

Not that this isn’t an absolutely sick non-evo Lancer; I mean, it’s definitely one of the better ones I’ve seen. But I’d think that any self-respecting stance blog would refuse to feature a car on knockoff wheels. And considering that “Do Luck” trunk lid isn’t on the mod list, I’m guessing it’s a knockoff, as well.

• Mike

What does the brand matter really? As long as it looks good why does it matter if the owner wanted to save a few bucks? Not trying to call you out or anything, I’m just curious.

• Reason

The brand doesn’t matter so much as the fact that the design is a ripoff of the Yokohama AVS Model T7. If MB Battles were an original design, then I’d be cool with it. When you’re being featured, you’d better be bringing the Real Deal Holyfield.

Again, the brand doesn’t matter as much, but it still does matter IMO. I don’t really care if the guy buys knockoffs because he wanted to save a few dollars; but if I had a stance website, I would make sure to only feature the cream of the crop. The best of the best. There’s no shortage of Lancers with legit parts and I just feel kind of let down, content-wise, that a car with so many compromises was featured when there are many other builds out there that are more feature-worthy with better (legit) parts. Why feature a car on MB Battles and a knockoff trunk when you could find a Lancer on actual AVS Model T7’s and a REAL Do-Luck trunk?

AGAIN…I dig this car. I really do and I can definitely understand having to make compromises because of budget limitations. But I just don’t think that compromises = feature car.

• Ben

Cream of the crop isn’t about throwing money at a car, it’s about a well executed car with style, or stands out, this guy has obviously spend a lot of time and money on this car

5. Joseph Grant

Nice and Clean. That fitment is just perfect! Its nice to see that more and more people are starting to keep it clean and simple, In my opinion

• JodyT

Response to @Allen: It’s roughly a 50-60hp difference. Quick breakdown. The Ralliart has the same engine as the Evo X, same transmission that’s in the Evo X MR and SE, and same awd system as the Evo IX. The difference between the motor is that the Evo X has a twin-scroll turbo, larger intercooler, and tuned to match up. The Ralliart has a single scroll turbo with a smaller intercooler and tuned to match up. So that’s why it weirds me out when people hate and say, “Evo wannabe” when they have the same components, and what’s the big deal… we’re all car enthusiasts anyway… don’t hate, congratulate :thumbsup:

6. JodyT

7. James

where were the last two photos taken? does any one know the street. it appears to be from brooklyn.

8. david

I have a white ralliart too and I wonder where do you find the eyelid or do you make it yourself ? If you do is anyhow you can send me the pattern lol … btw sick car ! .. hope one day mine will look like that !