We all modify our cars for different reasons. This has made a pretty diverse community of enthusiast. The ultimate goal usually fits somewhere between speed and style. You can find average economy cars at the track crushing quarter mile times, or sporty two door coupes rolling around town with massive rims and curtains in the windows. I personally don’t see any problem with this. I, myself have always felt that above all else, you should build your car so that it looks and feels the way you want it to…and Waynes Evolution 9 is a great example of that.

Photos & Videos By: Jon Tran & Brandon Burke exclusively for StanceNation.com

Before you assume that this Mitsu is all stance and can’t dance, lets talk about the engine. The Mitsubishi Evolution is equipped with the highly capable 4G63 2.0 liter 4 cylinder turbo. There are so many different elements to enjoy about a well equipped car, one of the most important to me, is the sound. You can hear this incredible engine as its fed fresh air through an HKS intake, intercooler and piping. An HKS ssq bov can be heard hissing between gears as it releases boost pressure.

Other incredible sounds can be heard from the exhaust side of the turbo. There you will find an Espelier down pipe, test pipe and turbo xs exhaust. Helping keep his engine safe from over boosting, manual boost controller was installed and set at 29 pounds. A Walbro pump feeds a set of Rc 1200cc injectors as they dump enough fuel to compensate for the fresh air that is forced into the cylinders. After ripping around town, a HKS turbo timer helps cool the turbo down before shut off. Wayne had his Evo tuned with two maps, one for 91 octane pump gas, and another for E85 with 28psi and a healthy 390hp. Wayne is currently running a stock turbo, but has a Full Race complete turbo kit with a GT35R just waiting to be installed.

When you have an attention grabbing car like an Mitsubishi Evolution, it’s always good to have to an equally appealing set of wheels. Measuring 18×11 with a +30 offset, these LM model of BBS wheels have no probably getting attention.

I think we could all agree that fresh white paint and shining chrome lips look better when you bring them close together. You cant do that without getting low, and as you can see, this Evo isnt afraid to get low. Wayne installed a set of Tein mono flex coilovers and Megan lower control arms so he can make these BBS’ fit just right.

Usually when you’re seeing red behind the wheel of your car, you’re probably feeling a bit of road rage. Now in Wanye’s case, hes probably just looking at his Sparco Monza 550 limited edition red steering wheel connected to his red NRG 3.0 quick release and hub. There’s also no reason to get angry when you have a fresh set of Red Buddyclub P1 Limited editions bucket seats and sliders keeping ya comfortable and calm while driving. When turning corners with that Sparco wheel, Waynes uses a bubble shift knob to cut through gears.

The streets can be a dangerous place for a fresh set of wheels and it’s important that your car can react as fast as you do. A Cusco bolt in cage powder coated Ducatti red was installed to help keep this Evo rigid and responsive. A Carbing trunk cage and subframe brace work with a Perrin rear sway bar to help the back wheels react to any sudden change in direction. If that isn’t enough, Dba rear brake rotors with Ferodo ds2500 pads were added to the already impressive factory brakes. Now Wayne can slow this Mitsu to a reasonable speed when cutting around road hazards. (also known as potholes and speed bumps in our community)

The exterior body additions aren’t aggressive, and really don’t need to be. In the front is a carbon fiber Chargespeed bottom line lip.

In the back a Rexspeed carbon fiber vortex generator sits atop the rear window and a Varis rear diffuser was added to the bottom of a JDM rear bumper.

Although this car sounds amazing in action, every ride needs a sound track. With Fosgate 4 channel 600w and 2 channel 1000w amps connected to a 12″ dvc sub. It’s safe to say that Wayne’s song of choice can be heard loud and clear.

Now I’m sure that some will say that they would have done things differently, but that doesn’t matter, because this isn’t their car. When Wayne bought this Evo, a set of Volk Ce28s were the only thing that separated it from the crowd. And a we all know, CE28’s are pretty common on EVO’s nowadays. Since then, Wayne has made this Evolution into a one of a kind street brawler that has the look and feel that he prefers. In the end, isn’t that what its all about?

1. Joshua Gregg

That can’t be static. It was at a different height in the video, and that lip is sitting on the ground in the pics. It looks amazing, but it smells fishy to me.

2. gdirty5

Somethings up with the front fenders. Different color, not gapped right on the drivers side. Evos look slick without the wing. Nice touch

3. Paulo J.

what caught my attention when i first saw this evo was the BBS LM’s without the step lip. This evo for sure is unique in my books. Im loving everything about it.

4. Davy

Cars crazy!!! Big props! Does he have a “show” setup and a street setup? The video has the car sitting way higher in the rear

5. Mike

Pretty low for being static.. Fitment is on point, I think i found a new wallpaper!

6. jon

Even if he does have a different driving and show height, that lip is STILL sweeping the streets.

7. booyaka

car looks good but if it really is static then its a pretty pussy move to spin the coilovers down just for the shoot. defeats the whole purpose of being static and takes out the pride in being able to say that he is static.

8. JDR

Great car with amazing styling! But I don’t like cheating show setups. On my mind the aim of being low is to be low ALWAYS, not on photos only. It’s not hard to drop a car with coils, but it’s really hard to use it daily. I’d like to see this EVO in action being that low.

9. waynebuilt

The car was built for shows I hardly drive it the video was shot in a location were it would be impossible for me to get car in the lot at that height. Besided its my car I can do what I want with it.

10. brown

lol @ the evo fender paint newb… you have obviously never seen a evo in person

11. Jay

This evo has to be on air or a bag over coil setup up, you guys are right the ride height looks higher in the video, plus that evo couldn’t go anywhere w/o major front lip damage, but te evo is baller, I like it alot, he has his own style

12. Well... Hmm

All these supporting mods,cage, etc and the car is stanced, it’s not a bad looking car but it will never use the items in it.

• Well... Hmm

Reading further I see he said it was for shows, I now understand, I was to say this thing has been ruined being awd, slammed, no contact patch really but it is clean at least.

Props on the build, makes sense if you got the money to blow and make it a show car, doing better then I am.

Would love to see more evo’s and sti’s for road racing , drag or track

13. Snapples?

SMH
    I remember seeing this guy lowering his car DURING autocon this year (yes he actually took his wheels off and jacked it up during the show). I guess its pretty certain now he dumps it just for photos. If you’re gonna do it, at least do it right. Should have went the other direction for the Evo.

14. waynebuilt

Why do that when I have 3 dedicated track cars already , how about this for direction, build your own car and stfu. I built the car to hard park at shows if you dont like it press back its that simple. Maybe you should drive your! car in the direction of a cliff and drive off.

15. waynebuilt

My front lip is $700 btw your damn right I will lower the car when I have to as opposed to destroying it on the way too the show Smh cause your an idiot.

• Ian

Hey Wayne, you have an awesome Evo and i enjoyed writing about it. You have to consider, a huge amount of people will love your car and just as many will hate it. I wouldn’t bother arguing with the guys that don’t like it. Either way, you have an awesome car. If you spent the time arguing with everyone that has an opinion, you wouldn’t have time to build sick rides. Don’t stress it, your worthy of articles so your doing something right, right?

• JDR

Noone said he didn’t like it. The only moot point about it that it is built (performed) against the phylosophy of stance-culture. It is not an achievement to drop a car for shows with ideal fitment and zero clearance. But it IS really hard to have a dailydriver that is close to before mentioned result. And how functional it appears (saving the slammed and fitted look) so more ovations it gets. That is just my opinion but the car is still awesome regardless daily (true) or show (cheat) mode.

• Ian

Most of all i’m just saying its not worth arguing about. I’m not taking sides. =o) Thanks for visiting guys.

16. waynebuilt

Well its not my daily driver its only purpose is to look good at shows!!!. Keep in Mind its still tucking 18×11+25, accomplish this with your stock body evo then you can express your opinion to me!

• JDR

IMO the size of your wheels and their fitment don’t matter if the car can’t move and turn with them.

• jason kenton

wayne, i think a good cup kit would benifit you! you just get some shorter springs, and a cup to go on top. it would make it easier for shows. then maybe people will stfu about dialing coilovers down!!!!!! just a IMO.

17. Grayscale

People can’t seem to come to an agreement as to what makes a low car “cool”. I see no difference in turning coils down and running bags they both achieve the same goal being low for shows and shoots while still being able to drive your car somewhat normally. plus it looks sick at his drive height anyqways. people sit here and complain all day that he ruined a “track car” yet if this was done to a eco car it’s not cool???

• JDR

This car looks awesome in the video. Slammed and mighty look with maximum functional drop. The only complain is that I see no need in fake drop for photoshoots.

18. CAMBRD

Hey waynebuilt, how about people express whatever they want to. What do you expect in the comments section other than comments?? Obviously some people will like the car while others won`t. They`re just voicing their opinion. If people can`t do that, than maybe the site should say positive comments only, but I don`t see that anywhere. So if you can`t handle a bit of hatin cuz we have 6 billion people on our planet, than you shouldn`t send in your car to get featured. lol this stuff always gets me so much!

19. DAS

man i dont really care what all the haters have to say…all i kno is i want to get my lancer sitting low and turning heads jus like i kno this one does…haters going to hate on whatever they dont even have half of

20. waynebuilt

First off I was asked to do the feature I didnt send in anything, I really dont care what anyone thinks about my cars I built them for myself, if someone wants to hate thats fine I find it quite flattering to be honest. I will voice my thought aswell its that simple, I will not censor myself or hold back so if you decide to leave a negative comment you can expect me to talk shit, at the end of the day my life is great, I wont lose any sleep over negative comments people will always hate and im use to it. On another tip my skyline will be back from paint soon yay haters get your keyboards ready!!!

21. waynebuilt

Hey guy relax its really not that serious, I find it entertaining honestly I see nothing wrong with talking shit to haters!

• Hellachunky

fuck the bull shit, your car is clean no doubt, you built it proper just like the other thousands of cars you have! ahahaha jkjk, i cant wait to see whats next. i wonder what youve done wit my s2k

22. em1

The stance and ride height the Evo has in the video looks much better than the stance its in for the pictures. It’s HIS car who cares if he adjusts his coilovers for shows? Y U MAD

23. ivanz

haters gonna hate, but all i know is that this evo is killin it! cleanest stanced evo with stock body ive seen. if your car isn’t slammed like his or even lowered, then keep your ride height comments to yourself. i live in LA and i can personally tell you that the streets are not slammed car-safe. don’t hate cause u can drive half an inch off the ground once a month for 10 minutes whenn someone needs to raise it up to clear a drive-way or drive a couple hours away to ensure his $700 lip is safe

24. CAMBRD

Of course this isn`t serious, and Im not a hater at all. I really like this evo, its got sick mods and absolutely a show car. Just thought it ran a BOC setup thats all.