Follow Us On Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Instagram Follow us on Tumblr
Register

Thread: Suspension

Suspension

I'm a little confused about what the difference between buying coil-over suspension and buying springs and shocks. Is there some kit of bolts or something special that it comes with? Just a noob with a hopefully simple yes or no.

Simple answer is coilovers are generally adjustable and you can do so without removing the assembly from the car. Just take the tire off and you're good to go. With springs and shocks you are stuck with the ride height it gives unless you buy new springs or cut the old ones. Cutting generally decreases ride height... along with quality. One more bit of info; On my F&F's I can change the ride height in about 10mins (including wheel removal). That being said you will still need an alignment, but that is what life-time alignments are for!

Coilovers:

Lowering springs + struts:

Easy response is coilovers are usually flexible and you can do so without eliminating the set up from the car. Just take the wheel off and you're excellent to go. With rises and excitement you are trapped with the drive size it gives unless you buy new rises or cut the old ones. Reducing usually reduces drive size...
    -`-`-`-`- John